Wednesday 10 March 2010

A farewell



Jen here, writing a very emotional blog. I have, with regret, decided to step down as trustee from the board of Live Life then Give Life to focus on work and family commitments. I'm absolutely gutted to go as LLTGL has been such a hugely enjoyable, challenging and rewarding part of my life for the last 3 years.


I feel incredibly lucky to have been part of such an amazing team of people. I was invited by Emily and Emma back in 2007 to join their wonderful campaign, having admired their dedication to the cause of organ donation from afar. From our early days trying to work our way through the maze of documentation to set up LLTGL as an official charity, to the July 2007 Love Heart challenge in Birmingham and all the way through to winning Best New Charity at the Charity Times Awards last year, it has been an unforgettable experience.


Along the way, I am honoured to have made the acquaintance of so many inspiring people. The enthusiasm and dedication of all of the trustees who have made LLTGL what it is infectious. The work of all of our advocates and volunteers committed to the cause of organ donation is humbling. I have felt joy and sadness at hearing the stories and experiences of everyone who has shared their transplant stories with us.


Over the past few years since LLTGL started out, I have seen a sea-change in attitudes to organ donation in the UK and I think each and every person involved with LLTGL has played a part in that. It is for that reason that I am sorry to be leaving at what I believe that it is such an important and exciting time for the charity and for organ donation more generally.


With lots of love and hugs always,
Jen xx

2 comments:

lulu said...

sorry i never got to meet you but the very best of luck in all that you do xx

A Jay said...

Good luck, Jen.

Audrey xx