Saturday 19 March 2011

Lorna Legs it for Live Life Then Give Life!













Lorna Little is a 38 year old Legal Secretary from Forres, Scotland. On the 13th March Lorna ran the Inverness Half Marathon, she decided to run for us here at Live Life Then Give Life as she knows a couple of people who have benefited from a new lease of life due to organ transplantation, one receiving a lung transplant and the other a liver.

Lorna says "I, myself, am on the donor register but am aware of the severe shortage of donors so I wanted to do something not only to raise awareness but also to raise some money for the charity and the invaluable work they do. I think it is so important for charities like LLTGL to be given a voice and reading some of the heart wrenching and inspirational blogs on your website brought a tear to my eye and motivated me to do something about it. It also gave me the determination to reach my goal in my first ever half marathon."













There's no stopping Lorna now who says "bring on the next challenge" so watch this space. Lorna has raised a fantastic £330.00 so far.

Thank you Lorna, It is down to people like Lorna fundraising for us that we can continue the work that we do, supporting people on the transplant waiting list, eduacting people about the importance of transplants and encouraging people to sign the Organ Donor Register.

If you would like to support Lorna then please visit her Just Giving page: http://www.justgiving.com/Lorna-Little0

If you are planning a fundraising event, or have raised money for us, get in touch via our website so we can shout about you here on our blog!

Thanks

No comments: