Tuesday 22 March 2011

Kirsty's Hero



Our Advocate and Team Glasgow member, Kirsty Geddes has had the opportunity to record the single My Hero by the Foo Fighters. 26-year-old Kirsty was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at just 9months old – she received her double lung transplant in February 2009 after waiting for 8 months on the transplant waiting list.

Kirsty sang the song at Team Glasgows Masquerade Ball (where they raised a fantastic £12,000) in memory of her donor - the lyrics 'there goes my hero...he's ordinary' are so fitting for all those people who have donated organs. Ordinary people who have signed the organ donor register doing an extraordinary thing.



The single costs £3.49 (inc postage) and is well worth it. All proceeds will be shared between us here at Live Life Then Give Life and The CF Trust. Kirsty says “I am hugely grateful to my family for the strength they have given me both pre and post transplant and she is very excited to be part of LLTGL. I feel a duty to try and make this gift of life possible for so many others who are in the position that I was, just over a year ago”

You can get a sneak preview of the single and watch the youtube video here.

Contact kirstys[dot]hero[at]gmail[dot]com to get your copy. Thank you x

No comments: